ABSTRACTS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED!
Abstracts have been extended until Monday 27 May 2019.
Please follow the below steps to submit your abstract:
- Click the blue ‘Submit Abstract’ button on the right of the page to commence your submission.
- Abstract submissions will only be accepted via the Conference Website and in the format noted below.
- You will be asked to create an account for the Conference. Please remember your password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Details’ section.
- Upload your abstract in a .doc or .docx format, following the format used in the abstract submission template.
- List all authors and their affiliations in the correct order, ensuring you indicate yourself as the presenting author for the abstract.
- Select your Symposia Themes as applicable to your abstract.
- Indicate your preferred presentation type for your abstract (oral presentation, poster presentation or no preference). Please note your abstract may be accepted into the program as a different presentation type to your requested presentation type.
- Click ‘Preview and Submit’. You will be able to preview your abstract and make any changes if required.
- While on the preview window, click ‘Submit’ to confirm your submission.
The submitting author will be notified of the results of the review of abstracts by 28 June 2019.
The IUMRS-ICA Conference Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
Abstracts close: 27 May 2019
Electronic and Optical Materials
Energy and Environment Materials
Advanced Functional Materials
Advanced Structured Materials
Advanced Fabrication, Characterisation & Devices
Abstracts Open: 19 November 2018
Registration Open: 22 March 2019
Abstracts Close: 30 April 2019
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 21 June 2019
Conference Dates: 22-26 September 2019
Register for the Early Bird Discount and save almost 10% on your registration fees!
Registration is OPEN
Submission Preparation - Abstract Format Guidelines
Our abstract submission portal will format your abstract automatically. Authors are only required to upload the body of the abstract content (including images and any references/acknowledgements to be included) in an MS Word document (i.e. doc. or docx. file). Please enter your details as per the prompts in the submission portal.
The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the presentation to an audience. The abstract should state the problem being addressed, the purpose of the paper, basic procedures/methods, main findings and principle conclusions in 2 – 3 paragraphs. References should be minimally cited in the body of the abstract. Authors are welcome to include an acknowledgements section that details (e.g.) any funding support for the research.
- Title: Write the abstract title in the field provided using sentence case letters.The abstract title should be short, informative and contain the major key words. (Maximum 255 characters)
- Abstract: Prepare a word document including only the body of the abstract content, images/figures and references. Please note the following:
- Abstract body content: Any standard font and size is accepted and there is a maximum one page limit.
– Images: There are no limits to the number of images/figures that are included as long as it doesn’t go over 1 page.
– References: References in any format is accepted. These include, but is not limited to: Harvard, APA, MLA, etc.
- Submissions must not exceed more than one pages.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Below are documents to assist you with your abstract preparation:
- Abstract Template
- Sample Abstract (Guide only)
Once all fields have been entered and answered, you will be shown a final preview of your abstract. Upon confirmation, you will be sent a PDF copy of your submission however please use this opportunity to ensure your submission is accurate.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee (PC) for consideration into the program. The decision of the PC is final. Abstracts may be allocated into the program or rejected. The allocation will take into consideration the preferred presentation type.
- The outcome of abstract submissions will be sent by 31 May 2019.
- Oral Presentations – It is a requirement that all presenters provide a biography (maximum of 150 words) and photograph (a passport style photograph in high resolution up to 2mb) is supplied at the time of abstract submission. This is for use by the Symposia Chair in each session to introduce the presenter.
- Poster Presentations – Instructions for the preparation of hardcopy posters has been sent to authors upon notification of the abstracts acceptance.
General Policies and Requirements for the Submission of Abstracts
Compliance to the specifications is imperative – any abstract that does not comply with these specifications will not be accepted for review and will be returned to you by the Conference Managers for re-submission.
Requirements for the Submission of Abstracts
- All abstracts must contain original work that has no prior ownership or copyright restrictions. Abstracts may be from a range of categories, including original research, case studies, and insight or review articles.
- All abstracts must be prepared in the format specified in the guidelines (listed below). Submissions will be returned to the author without review if not in the correct format and must be resubmitted immediately in the correct format to be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the program.
- The presenting author must submit the abstract.
- The presenter will be required to register and pay for the Conference to ensure their abstract(s) are included in the final program, Conference Proceedings and the Conference Mobile App. PLEASE NOTE: ACCEPTED AUTHORS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A PROMO CODE AFTER ACCEPTANCE TO ACCESS THE EARLY BIRD RATES.
- Do not resubmit an abstract for any reason other than a notified submission error. If you do not receive a submission confirmation email stating your abstract was successfully uploaded, please contact the Conference Managers.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly. Upon submission, authors will be sent a confirmation email containing their abstract in PDF file. Authors must check the PDF file to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly.
- Abstracts will be reviewed according to the evaluation criteria (see below) by the respective Program Committee (PC). The PC may reject or accept the abstract and their decision is final. The PC will allocate accepted abstracts into a particular presentation type (see above). The PC will consider the authors’ preferences in relation to presentation type, and these preferences will be balanced against number of oral presentations an individual is making, and the overall balance of content in a particular stream.
- Authors will be asked to list the contact author within the text box as indicated. The contact author may be different to the presenting author (e.g. supervisor).
- Faxed or mailed hard-copy abstracts or abstracts sent on disk/CD will not be accepted.
- Offers latest scientific information in the materials field that has the potential to challenge/change current practice or foster professional debate.
- Clearly states the problem.
- Indicates aims or hypothesis of the research/paper.
- Describes appropriate methods/methodology.
- Describes relevant results/describes main findings.
- Draws valid conclusions from results/findings.
- Comments on relationship or recommendation to practice where suitable.
- Is relevant to the Conference Themes.